Nativity of Our Lord School is committed to the education of the whole child in academics and by teaching and fostering each child’s relationship with God. We strive to encourage children to proclaim the message of the Gospel, build faith communities develop a personal relationship with Jesus, and to celebrate their faith through worship and service to others.
We commit to assist parents and guardians in preparing children to become the next generation of full and practicing Catholics, well educated in their faith. We strive to continually foster an atmosphere of respect for ourselves and for others, to see Christ in others and know that He is present in our daily lives.
- Community Prayer – Our entire school opens each school day with prayer together with special emphasis on focused prayer for special intentions. At the end of the school day, the entire community prays together to ask the Lord’s mercy and forgiveness and to reflect on the day’s activities toward others.
- School Mass and Liturgies – Students in Grades 1-8 attend Mass on the First Friday of each month. Para liturgies are held at other times of the year for the entire school to attend. Pre-K and Kindergarten students attend Mass and liturgies at various times throughout the school year.
- Prayer Partner Program – Students in upper grades are paired with young students in Pre-K to 2nd grade to assist the teachers when students attend Mass/liturgies. They also provide mentoring support for various social and classroom events throughout the school year. This program helps to foster concern for others and an opportunity for modeling Christ-centered behavior while building lasting relationships between the younger and older student.
- Altar Servers – Students in 5th to 8th grades are invited to participate in school and Sunday liturgies by serving the school community and parish as altar servers. Training is conducted during school hours or immediately after school.
- School Choir – School students are invited to participate in the Children’s Choir to complement the liturgical celebration during school masses and liturgies throughout the school year.
- Sacramental Preparation – Catholic students of Nativity of our Lord Parish in Grade 3 receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Eucharist; in Grade 6 they receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. Students from neighboring parishes who attend our school may receive their sacramental preparation in school, but are generally required to receive the Sacraments in their home parish.
- Community Service – Throughout the school year, students are involved in various community service activities that emphasize their concern for others in the local and extended community. These efforts include helping the homeless, various charities, stocking food pantries, Operation Christmas Child and others.